Generally, we will only use your personal data within the Immediate Media Group to provide you with the service or product you have requested, or to provide you with information about other Immediate products or services where we have your permission or a legitimate interest in doing so (see “How and why we use your information”).
We will also disclose your information to other trusted third parties with your consent, or where we have justification for doing so (see “How and why we use your information”). This may include:
- with a third party who is helping us to provide a service to you, such as payment processors, customer management and assistance, drawing competition winners, prize providers, debt collection, credit checks and/or our IT and database services;
- with a third party who is helping us develop and improve our services to you, such as analytics providers;
- with a third party who is helping us select and deliver interesting and relevant advertising to you and/or other potential customers, such as advertising networks (including the IAB’s TCF 2.0 framework), social media platforms, and search engines. We may also occasionally share anonymous data segments with advertisers to help them make their advertising outside our sites more relevant;
- with our trusted business partners to provide insight and analysis of our customers, or where you have told us you would like to receive offers/promotions from those partners;
- with third party auditing organisations such as the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for reporting purposes, and to review our policies, processes and procedures for compliance with relevant standards;
- with relevant third parties such as your employer or email or internet provider if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our services, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour; and
- when the disclosure is required or permitted by law (e.g. to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Similarly, our services may contain links to websites or apps that are owned and operated by other organisations, and which have their own privacy policies that govern their collection and use of your personal information. Your use of such websites is therefore at your own risk.
Where we pass personal information to a third party acting on our behalf (our “data processors”), in addition to the measures set out above we also require them to treat this information with at least the same protection we do. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes, and in accordance with our instructions. We do not share more information with them than is necessary for the relevant purpose.