- To recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information repeatedly;
- To remember your username and password (if requested) so you don’t need to enter your details each time you visit the website;
- To provide a smooth and secure experience if you are purchasing a product or service via our digital platforms;
- To select and deliver content that is interesting and relevant to you;
- To record what people like and don’t like on the website and the popularity of different sections of the website so that we can ensure it works properly at points of high usage;
- To collect, measure and analyse statistical information about website traffic and use (for further information see “Analytics on our websites” section);
- To detect and track fraudulent or illegal activity;
- To select and deliver advertising that is interesting and relevant to you (for further information see “Advertising on our websites” section); and
- To link you to other affiliate websites and services.
We use third parties to deliver some of these services to you, who will also drop their own cookies, and you can find information regarding each of these third party vendors by clicking on the cookies button on the applicable website.