Brand Safety Guidelines
We care about the experience of our users and commit to meet certain standards when serving advertising to them.
Where a transaction includes a viewability guarantee, we use the IAB Measurement Guidelines to determine whether an ad impression is viewable or not.
Non-human traffic and fraud
We continuously work with industry leading technology partners to identify non-human traffic and exclude it from our sites.
We measure non-human traffic at a campaign level with the assistance of our partners Moat and Integral Ad Science. We do not count traffic we consider to be non-human towards campaigns.
We are ads.txt compliant. We only make our ad inventory available programmatically through specific ad exchanges, which are listed in our websites’ ads.txt. If you think you are buying advertising on our websites elsewhere, it is likely to be fraudulent.
We operate to the very highest standards to ensure any ad or site linked via an ad is brand safe.
We do this by:
- Ensuring ads or linked sites do not contain material that is obscene, blasphemous, defamatory, infringe third party rights, or which otherwise might bring our brands into disrepute.
- Using blacklists to block certain prohibited content. Advertisers and agencies can also submit specific blacklists to exclude certain sites from their campaigns.
- Using semantic targeting technology to exclude certain topics or keywords if an advertiser does not wish to be seen against certain content.
- Using whitelists (if possible) to optimise campaigns towards premium sites.
- Using our editorial expertise to monitor (and if necessary, exclude) stories which may be inappropriate advertising settings.
In the rare event that an ad is displayed on content that is considered inappropriate, we will remove this ad within 24 hours of us becoming aware, and work with our technology partners to ensure this does not happen again.
Reporting and verification
We make full reporting available to our clients from our ad server (Google DoubleClick for Publishers).
All digital campaign metrics are verified by our independent third-party technology providers MOAT and Integral Ad Science.
Personnel and customer service
We have skilled and knowledgeable representatives who work with our clients to achieve their marketing objectives and campaign strategies.
We will endeavour to respond to any enquiries within one working day.